In response to the continuing drought, the State Water Resources Control Board announced new emergency regulations in July designed to reduce outdoor water use statewide. To fully comply with the state, on August 19 the MMWD Board of Directors adopted an ordinance amending the water waste section of the district’s code.
Most of the new state regulations mirror water waste restrictions MMWD has had in place for some time. However, two changes may affect you: Irrigating between 9 a.m. – 7 p.m. is prohibited, as is using a hose without a shutoff nozzle. We’ve long recommended that our customers follow these water-saving practices; now, these recommendations are requirements.
We appreciate your cooperation!
Prohibited Water Uses
Under state and district water conservation regulations, the following are prohibited:
- NEW: Irrigating between 9 a.m. – 7 p.m, except for system testing and repair
- NEW: Using a hose without a shutoff nozzle
- Allowing irrigation water to runoff or overspray the irrigated area
- Hosing down sidewalks, driveways, and other hard-surfaced areas
- Non-recirculating decorative fountains
FREE hose shutoff nozzles are available at MMWD’s Corte Madera office (one per household, please).