We are pleased to offer FREE, fun-filled and informative environmental education programs for schools in our service area during the 2011-12 school year. Last year nearly 8,000 students participated in our classroom presentations, assemblies and field trips to the Mt. Tamalpais Watershed.
Our programs are designed to support California education standards while fostering water conservation and environmental stewardship. They include:
- “Water Walks” on the Mt. Tamalpais Watershed (grades 3-5)
- Watershed ecology and restoration field trips (grades 3-5)
- Field science and restoration trips (grades 9-12)
- Musical assemblies (grades K-6)
- Classroom presentations about the water cycle, our local water supply and water conservation (grades 3-12)
- “Trout in the Classroom” program (grades K-12)
- Service learning opportunities (grades 5-college)
Bilingual (Spanish-English) assemblies and classroom presentations are available. We also offer school bus reimbursements for qualifying schools. Programs fill up quickly, so ask your favorite teacher to reserve a space today!
To learn more, visit our website.