The Board of Directors will hold a public hearing on Wednesday, July 6, at 7:30 p.m. in the MMWD Board Room, 220 Nellen Avenue, Corte Madera, to receive comments from the public on the district’s 2010 Urban Water Management Plan (UWMP). The public is encouraged to attend and participate.
MMWD developed the plan in compliance with the California Urban Water Management Planning Act, which requires such a plan every five years from urban water suppliers with 3,000 or more service connections or supplying 3,000 or more acre-feet* of water per year.
The plan covers the following topics:
- Existing water supplies and transmission system;
- Projected water demands in MMWD’s service area over the next 25 years;
- Projected water supplies available to MMWD over the next 25 years, the reliability of that supply, and general plans for water supply projects;
- Current and planned water conservation activities;
- A water shortage contingency analysis;
- A comparison of water supply and water demand over the next 25 years under different hydrological assumptions (normal year, single dry year, multiple dry years).
*One acre-foot is 325,851 gallons