Eco-Friendly and Bay-Friendly gardens encompass a wide range of techniques and practices designed to build healthy soil, reduce waste, conserve water and energy, and keep our creeks and communities healthy.
This year’s self-guided tour will showcase more than 30 inspiring gardens in Marin, from Tiburon to Novato. You can:
- See what native plants look like in a garden setting.
- Discover no-mow lawns and cob benches.
- Visit vineyards and organic farms.
- Learn about rain gardens, bioswales and living roofs/walls.
- Check out demonstrations on plant propagation, sheet mulching, making slatted walkways and creating compost.
- Talk with landscape professionals.
- Meet local gardening columnists Annie Spiegelman, author of Talking Dirt, and Nancy Bauer, author of The Habitat Garden Book.
All this and more for just $10.00 (students/low income free on request). Advance registration is required. To register, send a check to MCSTOPPP/Eco Tour, P.O. Box 4186, San Rafael, CA 94913-4186. Register by credit card by calling (415) 897-4133. Registration includes a “Garden Guide” that details features of each garden and provides driving instructions. For more information about the tour, click here.
The Eco-Friendly Garden Tour is sponsored by Marin County Stormwater Pollution Prevention Program, Marin Municipal Water District and North Marin Water District.